Third wave or no wave: Do this things to protect your children from any diseases
It has been over a year and the entire world continues to battle the pandemic. There is no scientific evidences that 3rd covid wave is going to affect more to children. Do you have children at home? Wondering how to care for them? Then, you are at the right place.
Like adults, even children are falling prey to Covid-19 and the cases are rising at an alarming rate. It is the need of the hour to safeguard the children from this deadly virus and help them to stay healthy! Read on to know more about some essential tips to keep Coronavirus or any other disease at bay. Also, make your children follow these foolproof tricks.
- More and more children are contracting Covid infection and this may continue during the third wave as well. It is imperative for children to understand carefully what their parents are saying. They should use a mask, hand sanitizer, and talk with other children or family members by maintaining a social distance of 6 feet. Avoid being around sick people and try to cover the mouth while coughing and sneezing. Do not believe in any information circulating on social media. View information only from the trusted and reliable sources. Do not fall prey to rumors.
- As parents, you must see to it that all the elderly members of the family should get inoculated for Covid-19. If you are jabbed then you are unlikely to cause the infection to the children in the house.
- If any of the family members exhibit symptoms of Covid-19 like cough, fever, or body pain then isolate yourself from the children, or else they will contract the virus.
- Don’t forget to disinfect the frequently touched surfaces by children like doorknobs, handles, faucets, and even the furniture.
- Make your children eat a well-balanced diet consisting of all the essential nutrients. Try to boost their immunity by including fresh fruits and vegetables in their diet. Avoid spicy, junk, oily, sugary, processed, and salty foods that can take a toll on your child’s immunity.
- Do not delay or skip your child’s vaccination. Do not venture out with your children in crowded places. Limit the number of visitors at home. Try to keep your children occupied with various activities like painting, dancing, or gardening at home to help them beat boredom. You can also exercise at home with your children to help them stay healthy and hearty.
- Provide full sleeve cloths and use mosquito repellents in monsoon to prevent mosquito bites.
- Encourage more physical activities, yoga and exercise for your child. Obesity in children is major risk factor for diseases. Maintaining proper weight helps your child’s development and brain growth.
- Don’t eat outside food that is open, raw during monsoon. Food hygiene is utmost important in preventing most of disease.
- Decrease screen time and advise proper sleep habits in children. Decreased sleep time with increased continuous use of gadgets increases risk of diseases and affect immunity.
What can we do at The child plus children’s hospital?
We are expert at diagnosis and treatment of paediatric and childhood illness. Feel free to contact us if any help regarding your child’s health. We are happy to help.
The child plus Children Helpline +91 7043 4444 55